Where can you find us ?
Zebra guesthouse is situated in Hawassa, አዋሳ in Amharic, in Southern Ethiopia, in the district ‘Gudumale’, just near to Hawassa lakeside.
Hawassa is a young beautiful ‘green’ and lively city in the Sidamo region, boardering one of the Rift lakes, the Lake Hawassa.
The well flourishing city, situated at 270 km’s from Addis Ababa is the capital of Ethiopia’s Southern region. As the gate to the South, the city has recently its own airport as well as an industry park attracting people from all over the world. Hawassa has its own university.
For several consecutive years, Hawassa has been awarded as most attractive city of Ethiopia.
You can make a boat trip to observe hippo’s or walk around the lake , called ‘Fikker Haik’ (love lake) and you may enjoy the local roasted fish or the tasty fish soup. The lake and its shores host a rich variety of birds, some of them being endemic.
Sidamo culture has been classified by Unesco as unique intangible heritage.
⇒ for more information about Hawassa, visit our Hawassa Short Trip page
Into ZEBRA Guesthouse (B & B)
What are our strenghts?
- Location at 100 m walking distance Lake Hawassa (‘Fikker Haik),
- Personalised service and a cosy quiet garden
- Situated near to all commodities (bank pinning, local market and supermarkets, security office…)
- Near to several possibilities for swimming and for restaurants
Our rooms and services
- 6 ‘basic’ comfort rooms, each with hot shower and toilet
- 2 family rooms (1 big bed + 2 small beds)
- Breakfast (enjoying local fruits, yoghurt , eggs, Belgian waffles, pancake, Ethiopian food…)
- Coffee corner: traditionally prepared Ethiopian coffee served the whole day
- Kitchen corner for clients staying minimum a week in our compound and wishing such accommodation (per day use : 50 birr/room)
- 2 bikes for rent
ranging from 250 up to 500 birr (family room), breakfast not included.
For stays longer than 2 weeks the room price is reduced.
Contact us for all reservations or more information about Zebra Guesthouse and Southern Stars Tour.
We are looking forward to meet you and share a coffee in our garden!